Here you can find a detailed explanation of our programme structure, along with current timetables and prices. All bookings are taken by Hawker reception unless stated.
All Hawker Junior and Hawker Improver classes are run by Paul, Hawker Jets Squads and TNT are run by Nick (squad trials available)
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THERE IS NO LINK, THE CLASS IS EITHER FULL OR AN INVITE ONLY SQUAD. If you haven't used Clubspark to book before, you will need to go through a very simple registration process first. Any problems, please contact us here.
Hawker RED Junior: 5 - 8 years, 3.45-4.15pm (30 mins) £78 (Max class 6)
Hawker RED Improver: 6 - 8 years, 4-15-5pm (45 mins) £117 (Max 8)
Hawker ORANGE Squad: 8 - 10 years, 5-6pm (60 mins) £156 (Max 12)
Hawker YELLOW Squad: 10+ years, 6-7pm (60 mins) £156 (Max 12)
Hawker ORANGE Improver: 9 - 11 years, 4.15-5pm (45 mins) £117 (Max 8)
Hawker GREEN Improver: 10 - 12 years, 5-6pm (60 mins) £156 (Max 8)
Hawker YELLOW GIRLS: 12 - 15 years, 6-7pm (60 mins) £156 (Max 8)
Hawker RED Improver: 6 - 8 years, 3.45-4.30pm (45 mins) £117 (Max 10)
Hawker RED Squad: 6 - 8 years, 4.30-5.30pm (45 mins) £117 (Max 10)
Hawker ORANGE Squad: 8 - 10 years, 5.30-6.30pm (60 mins) £156 (Max 8)
Hawker Jets 12U Premier Squad: 6.30-7.30pm (60 mins) £156 (INFO)
Thursday Night Tennis: 9+ years, 5pm onwards - Booking directly through Nick. Please see full info further down before booking.
Hawker Jets 14U Premier Squad: 7-8.30pm (90 mins) £176 (INFO)
Hawker BLUE Junior: 4-5 years, 9-9.30am (30 mins) £78 (Max 6)
Hawker RED Junior: 5-8 years, 9.30-10am (30 mins) £78 (Max 6)
Hawker RED Improver: 6-8 years, 10-10.45am (45 min) £117 (Max 8)
Hawker YELLOW/GREEN Improver: 10-13 years, 10.45-11.30am (45 mins) £117 (Max 8)
Hawker ORANGE Improver: 9-11 yrs, 11.30-12.15pm (45 mins) £117 (Max 8)
Hawker RED Squad: 6-8 years, 12.15-1pm (45 mins) £117 (Max 8)
Matchplay (Sat+Sun): 7+ years, 2.30pm onwards (More Info here)
1. HAWKER JUNIOR CLASSES: These classes are suitable for children who have never done any tennis before, or who have done a bit with family/friends, but not had any proper lessons. These classes are also suitable for children who are within their first 2 years of tennis lessons. Therefore, if your child started taking lessons when they were 4 yrs old, and they are now 5½ yrs old, then Hawker Junior classes would still be suitable for them. However, if you and/or their coach feels that they have progressed particularly well in their first year of lessons, you may want to consider a Hawker Improver class.
2. HAWKER IMPROVER CLASSES: These classes are not suitable for children who haven't completed at least 1 year of regular tennis lessons. They are suitable for any child who has completed 2 or more years of tennis lessons, and also for children who have done between 1-2 years of lessons, and have progressed well enough for a more challenging class.
3. HAWKER ADVANCED CLASSES + THURSDAY NIGHT TENNIS: These classes are only suitable for children who are competent with rallying, and serving, and who also understand how the tennis scoring system works because they have some experience of playing matches. You can't sign your child up for an advanced class without the prior approval of either Nick or Jeremy, so if you haven't already arranged for your child to do an advanced class, do please contact one of us via YMCA Hawker to see if this would be suitable.
THURSDAY NIGHT TENNIS is suitable for players who are competent with rallying and serving, these sessions run for 1 hour, with 2 options for timings. 6pm, or 7pm. The unique aspect is you can choose your own group, with either 3 or 4 players! Alternatively, Nick can select an appropriate group for you. The sessions focus on developing the core fundamentals in tennis, and also have an individual element as Nick is will work closely with all those who attend. The sessions also include fun and challenging drills, and fun games, all of which are very popular with the children! Please contact Nick directly to enquire about booking (you CANNOT book TNT through Hawker).
4. HAWKER JETS SQUADS: These are for children who play 2-3 times per week, and who compete regularly (minimum twice a month). Players are selected and invited to join the squads based on ability, and enthusiasm for tennis.
5. HAWKER JETS PREMIER SQUAD: This is for children playing minimum 4-5 times per week, and competing regularly in internal and external competitions. If you would like your child to be considered for any Hawker Jets Squad, please contact Nick.
HAWKER JETS: We regularly have teams who compete in local leagues and competitions, and our teams are known as the Hawker Jets. Players who represent us come from our Hawker Jets Squads, and the Jets have had numerous success stories over the years. We have won many competitions and leagues since formation in 2008, and currently have one of the best records of success of any club or academy in Surrey. Please see all our results here, and reports here! Many of our squad members have enjoyed individual success in tournaments, with all tournament wins recorded here.
MATCHPLAY: This is normally on weekend afternoons (from 3pm). No commitment needed, you can do as few or as many Matchplay's as you like. It's suitable for any player who can rally and serve, and is motivated to play real tennis matches. It's certainly not just for our squad and advanced level players. No other club in the area offers this opportunity, but it's important which is why we do. What would football training be like, with no weekend matches to play in between training sessions? We take children from 7 years up, and those new to it are taught scoring and rules of the game. Children from other venues are also welcome at Matchplay. For more info, check the Matchplay page on this website.
HOLIDAY COURSES: Over the Easter and Summer Holidays, we offer a mixture of 5 day courses and 1 day sessions that last for 2 or 3 hours. Please check back on this page for the latest holiday courses. For holiday courses, if your child is in an overlapping age group, please opt for the younger group if they are beginners, and the older group if they are a bit more experienced with tennis. Please also note that the 2 or 3 hour sessions aren't suitable for beginners. These sessions are also bookable by the day, but you can book as many sessions as you wish! Please ensure your child brings a snack and a drink as there will be a 10 min break during these sessions. Please remember these sessions aren't suitable for complete beginners - please ask the coach if unsure on your child's suitability.
CLASS SIZES: The limits for coach/pupil ratio are 1:10 for 8+ yr olds, and no higher than 1:6 for those aged 7 or younger. These are the maximums, so the ratio will be lower than these limits for the majority of classes.